Thursday, September 22, 2005

How to sell a dead donkey

Can you sell a dead donkey? (the determination required to be an
achiever)

A city boy, Kenny, moved to the country and bought a donkey from an old
farmer for $100.00.


The farmer agreed to deliver the donkey the next day. The next day the
farmer drove up and said, "Sorry son, but I have some bad news, the
donkey died last night."


Kenny replied: "Well then, just give me my money back." The farmer said:
"Can't do that. I went and spent it already."


Kenny said: "OK then, just unload the donkey." The farmer asked: "What
ya gonna do with him?"


Kenny: "I'm going to raffle him off." ( Note: To raffle is to sell a
thing by lottery - draw lot - to a group of people each paying the same
amount for a ticket)





Farmer: "You can't raffle off a dead donkey!"


Kenny: "Sure I can. Watch me. I just won't tell anybody he's dead."





A month later the farmer met up with Kenny and asked, "What happened
with that dead donkey?" Kenny: "I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets
at two
dollars a piece and made a profit of $898.00."



Farmer: "Didn't anyone complain?"
Kenny: "Just the guy who won. So I gave him back his two dollars."


Kenny grew up and eventually became the chairman of Enron.

No comments: