Thursday, December 22, 2005

Ronaldinho is FIFA worldplayer of the year

I know I am -as always- a little too late in publishing this. I have been waiting a long time to publish something on my blog now.

Ronaldinho. The name itself spells magic. He according to me is the greatest footballer of this era along with Zidane. Acoording to me he's one step better than Zidane because Ronaldinho has achieved greatness far earlier than Zidane did. Anyway, this is my personal opinion and is open to all kind of debates.

The fact of the matter is Ronaldinho is FIFA World Player for the second successive year. This award adds upto the Eurpoean Player of the year he won earlier this year. He is the third Brazilian to win the world and European player awards in the same year after Ronaldo in 1997 and 2002, and Rivaldo in 1999.
Ronaldinho picked up 956 points to comfortably beat Chelsea's England midfielder Frank Lampard (306) in the Fifa vote by national coaches and captains around the world.
The Brazilian's Barcelona teammate Samuel Eto'o of Cameroon finished in third place with 190 points.

The 25-year-old Ronaldinho also won the inaugural FIFPro World Player of the Year award, selected by his fellow players, in September.
These awards is another ndication of the greatness of this man. If he stays mentally and physically fit for the years to come then we might be fortunate enough to see the playing years of possibly the greatest ever footballer in the history of the game (although I am a little biased towars Diego Maradona).

Of course there will be doubters but, there is no doubt in my mind he's the best footballer still playing the game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

c my feel-good comment about ur site on my blog.