Thursday, January 05, 2006

Is henry leaving Arsenal???


This info was given to me by a friend of mine, Shivanand.

Arsenal still remains my favourite club in the English premier league, whatever maybe their league position. I like the way they play football. They play the beatiful game the way it is meant to be played, with grace and beauty. Beautiful on the ground passes with mind blowing tricks to create space from nowhere. This may
not be efficient but, it is a treat for your eyes if you are a football

aficionado. And who can represent the Arsenal spirit better than Thiery Henry. He personifies what Arsenal is made up of.

Henry is probably a very close conteneder to the spot of top striker of his times. He's not only a goal scorer but also a provider. The way he makes space for himself and his teammates within the box is spell bounding and beyond belief sometimes. But, he does it. The 28 year old has been a great asset to Arsenal. He holds the key for Arsenal now since Vierra has left for Juventus.

The rumour about Henry leaving Arsenal comes as a very unpleasant shock to me, since I am a diehard Arsenal fan. But, as a neutral observer I have to be fair to the guy. Henry is not only a great footballer, but also a great competitor and good person on and off the field. If he decides to move on I am sure he would have moved out for a change in his already sparkling career and add some more glory to his already glorius career. I will be following him wherever he goes to and still admire him for the way he plays his game. I also admire the modesty and humility with which he accepts the success that comes with his exploits on the field. Truly a great man.

As and Arsenal fan I wish he would stay on with Arsenal forever. But, as fan of Henry I agree with whatever he decides to do. Anyway, I wish him all the luck for the future.

Here's the news in detail:

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has revealed that he fears striker Thierry Henry may decide to leave the club at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has been linked to Barcelona, although the Frenchman played down such reports in December.

However, Hill-Wood told the Daily Star: "At the back of my mind there is a fear he will decide to go.

"I have no evidence - other than maybe I have been here too many times before with players and have become cynical."

Arsenal are understandably eager to keep hold of Henry, who overtook Ian Wright as the club's record goalscorer earlier this season.

Henry's contract runs out in the summer of 2007 and Hill-Wood added: "I am realistic enough to know that if he wanted to go he would and there would be nothing we could do about it.

"If he thought a move would better his career then we could lose him.
"It would be a shattering blow to lose him. We are as keen as mustard to keep him - he knows we are ready to talk about a new contract and will stretch every muscle to keep him."
Henry shrugs off Barca talk

No comments: